Looking for a healthy alternative to the traditional pasta dish? Use spaghetti squash!
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 1/2 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped Vidalia onion
- 1 can low sodium black beans, drained
- 1 lb. chicken breast, grilled and diced
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds from middle until forms a shallow bowl
- Rub each side of squash with 1 tbsp. evoo and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Place squash on pan face down. Place in oven and cook for 25 minutes
- While squash is cooking, dice the onions and grilled chicken. Place in pan with remaining olive oil and drained black beans
- Cook contents of pan until heated thoroughly, approximately 5 minutes
- Place into a bowl and add buffalo sauce. Mix together.
- Remove squash from oven after 25 minutes. Scrape squash with fork to make into “spaghetti”.
- Leaving spaghetti squash in the shell, add chicken, bean, onion mixture into spaghetti squash bowls.
- Sprinkle with cheese on top and place back in oven for five minutes
- Remove and Enjoy!!